Monday, April 13, 2009

goodbye to a friend.....

Hmmm.. Sad day in Philadelphia sports history, As a young lad growing up in the philadelphia area, and being a Phillies fan as early on as one could be, I was introduced to the voice of Harry Kalas. It was during the Mike Schmidt era, and at that time he was hitting a lot of home runs, and I just remember hearing Harry in that trademark voice " And that ball is outttttta here, Michael Jack Schmidt." Last season was a dream come true for so many of us, and it was one of the greatest days of my life to see the Phils win the world series, and My friends and I would mimic Harry for weeks after... He was such a fan himself, and his love and passion for the game was a perfect match for the city of Philadelphia. Rest In Peace to A Philadelphia Sports icon, thanks for the great memories, and make sure you show Ashburn that ring when you get to heaven.

This kicked off the greatest sports memory of my life!

No comments: