Monday, July 8, 2013

A guy went to a psychiatrist. "Doc," he said, "I keep having these alternating recurring dreams. First I'm a teepee, then I'm a wigwam, then I'm a teepee, and then I'm a wigwam. It's driving me crazy. What's wrong with me?" The doctor replied, "It's very simple. You're two tents."

A few weeks ago my wife decided that we are going to have a birthday POW WOW for our daughter's 3rd birthday at the end of July. She had always told me of an old family tipi they used to have set up in their yard when she was a kid, after a few phone calls she convinced her dad to track it down and help us set it up as well, after all its is for his first Grandaughters birthday so it wasn't like we had to twist his arm. The poles were no longer any good so we ordered new poles to be sent from Colorado by flatbed truck. Once we got the poles my father N law came over and showed us how to build a tipi. It was a great experience to teach my Madison who was born in the dawn of the digital age, the simpler ways of living in America's past, plus it was A cultural lesson about Native American living. There is always a great feeling of building something with your hands and seeing the end result. I was fully stoked when this new summer addition to our home was finished, thanks to all of Pop pops lead and direction. Hope you enjoy the pics and maybe they will inspire you to teach and create with your children the simpler things in life with survival and cultural significance. #Fuckatelevisiontheinternetagameboyandanythingelsethatwedroneouton! See you at the POW WOW...

No comments: