Sunday, September 25, 2011

Ye' olde America is alive and well...

I was first hipped to Hatch show print from A POLO Ralph Lauren line that was inspired by western rodeo posters and rodeo events in the late 90's. The graphics were very bold and had their own distinctive look, simple solid fill with bold lettering and placement. I was instantly affixed with the style and its lineage. Years later while shopping at the RRL store in Manhattan I bought A book that they were selling "Hatch Show Print" The RRL store is cool in that they sell their own brand and things that have influenced or parallel what the RRL brand is, after opening the book and skimming through I quickly noticed that Ralph Lauren had referenced Hatch Show print for A few collections, and know I knew why. I have A friend that is A screen printer and we always like to share neat little historic or cool finds that pertain to design, print, and anything related be it inspiration, or humor. I hope to some day even partake in some sort of collective so that we can recycle-renew our research and bring forth new ideas rooted in the heritage of these great lost American craftsman.
For my amigo Ralph...

No comments: