Friday, May 7, 2010

A Hero Ain't Nothing But A Sandwich, And A Legend Ain't Nothing But A Car...

...Two months ago I was asked to write an article for some magazine talking about my top ten musical influences followed by a small interview. I declined. Not to long after a friend I was recording with was writing a top five for a different magazine but with a similar topic. I would be hard pressed to find my top ten musical influences. Just last night I was told how my favorite musicians change daily and how it is impossible to pinpoint. Which is absolutely true. Some groups I like because of specific members. Some I can't stand the members but love their output. The following is a list of people I have always found interesting, and am continuously inspired by. Whether it be through their body of work, interviews they've done, lifestyles, etc etc. Or to be more specific with Mike Tysons case, the way someone can step into something at only 18 years old and just change the entire game, forever. Heroes, legends, icons, visionaries, whatever you want to call them, here they are....

Stanley Kubrick.

Will Oldham.

Woody Allen.

Pete Rock.

Chan Marshall & Bill Callahan.

Arthur Rimbaud.

Raymond Carver.

Mike Tyson.

Godfather Don.

Jeff Mangum.

Ingmar Bergman.

Henry Rollins.

Dj Premier.

The Bad Brains.

Justin Broadrick.



To Be Continued.....


Listening to-
Young Marble Giants-Colossal Youth.
Arab Strap-The Week Never Starts Round Here.

No comments: